1. By entering into the BFM T-Shirt Competition (“Competition”), you agree that information as to how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions, and that entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Unless otherwise stated, all times and dates specified in these Terms and Conditions are times and dates in Queensland, Australia, being the Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
3. Entry is only open to Queensland residents, aged eighteen (18) years and older at the time of application submission (“Eligible Entrants”).
4. Employees, directors and management of BFM, and their immediate families, and its agencies associated with the Competition are ineligible.
5. Multiple entries are permissible by Eligible Entrants.
Entry into the Competition
6. The Competition applications are open from 9.00am (AEST) Wednesday 19 July 2017 and closes at 5.00pm (AEST) Thursday 12 October 2017 (“Competition Period”).
7. To enter the competition, Eligible Entrants must, during the Competition Period, complete and agree to the following:
(a) Purchase the BFM 2017 T-Shirt;
(b) Take a photo of yourself wearing the BFM 2017 T-Shirt; and
(c) Share your photograph on social media with the tag “#BFM2017tshirt”
8. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid and will be rejected. BFM reserves the right to disqualify, at its sole discretion, any entry where it reasonably suspects that such an entry has breached and/or is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, any applicable law, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate.
9. Any competition entrant who has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion, including but not limited to any misuse of Social Media directly or indirectly involving any contestant of the Creative Fashion Competition and or that of the Brisbane Fashion Month brand and or its products and sponsors shall be disqualified. BFM’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. BFM reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including the entrant’s age and identity) by requesting the production of government issued proof of age documentation and reserves the right to disqualify any Eligible Entrant for tampering or corrupting the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not (at the sole discretion of BFM) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Any failure by BFM to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
11. BFM will not be held responsible or liable for entries that are delayed, lost, corrupted, misdirected, mis-delivered, incorrect or incomplete, and such entries will be not be eligible for this competition.
12. BFM will not be held responsible or liable for any internet malfunction, interference or breakdown which prevents the participant from entering, including but not limited to any technical malfunctions of any telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment or software; program malfunctions or other failures; delayed computer transactions or network connections; any errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to the computer of any participant or any other person related to or resulting from downloading any part of this competition.
Judging the Winner
13. The winner will be the most original and imaginative entries received by BFM, and who tags the most amount of photographs, and which satisfy the eligibility requirements as set out pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
14. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry received during the Competition Period will be judged by a panel of three (3) judges based on the creativity and originality of each entrant.
15. Winners will be notified by Facebook reply or email by no later than 5:30pm (AEST) on 14 October 2017.
16. BFM’s decision is final and BFM will not enter into any correspondence, argument or dispute regarding the result.
17. There is one (1) prize. The winner shall win two (2) tickets to the Resort Runway event to be held on 18 October 2017.
18. In the event of a winner being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize within two (2) days of being notified by BFM that they are the winner, BFM reserves the right to award the prize to the Eligible Entrant who entry was deemed second after the entry of the original winner.
19. In the event of any non-compliance, including but not limited to fraudulent activity, misrepresentation, criminal activity, and/or any non-compliance of BFM’s terms and conditions, by the winner, an alternative winner may be selected by BFM. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this competition will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
20. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, BFM’s decision in deciding who to award the prize to is final.
21. Total prize value of the prize in this promotion is valued at $200.00
22. The prize offered is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The prize is not redeemable for cash or other goods and services.
23. BFM will not be held responsible or liable for prize(s) that are delayed, lost, delayed, misdirected, or mis-delivered.
24. BFM accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values.
25. All taxes on any prize won are the sole responsibility of each winner, including, without limitation, any federal or state taxes which may be deemed applicable in such winner’s jurisdiction of residence. This competition shall be governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia. By participating in this competition, participants agree that the laws of Queensland, Australia, shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this competition.
26. By entering this competition, the participant agrees that the decisions of BFM in all matters regarding this competition are final and binding.
27. Except where legally prohibited, acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for BFM to use the semi- finalist, finalist and winner’s name/s, photographs, likeness, voice, address (city and state only) and testimonials, and creates a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to publish the winning entries(including but limited to filmed footage, images and interviews), in printed, broadcast, or other media, whether now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, in any manner it deems appropriate in connection with BFM, including but not limited to promoting this or any other contest of BFM and/or promotion sponsored by it, without further compensation to the semi-finalists/ finalists or winners.
28. By participating and entering the competition, the Eligible Entrant agrees that BFM collects participants’ personal information in order to conduct the competition. If the information requested is not provided, the participant may not participate in the promotion. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to BFM.
29. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to BFM and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any queries, comments or complaints regarding this competition are to be directed to BFM, not to Facebook.
30. By participating and entering the competition, the Eligible Entrant agrees that BFM and those involved in the development, production (including prize suppliers), implementation and distribution of this competition and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, and agencies, and their directors, officers, agents, employees, attorneys, and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or promotion (hereinafter collectively called “Promoters”), shall not be liable for any claims, damages, losses or injuries, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, this competition, including entry and participation in this competition and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. All participants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to such participant’s participation in this competition, such participant will indemnify and hold BFM and the Promoters harmless from and against any and all such claims, including reasonable legal fees related thereto.
31. BFM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this competition should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond its control corrupt the proper administration or security of the competition. BFM reserves the right to modify the rules of the competition in any way or at any time, as long as reasonable notice is given.
32. This Competition is severable and void to the extent prohibited by law and is subject to all relevant legislative requirements, including, without limitation, federal and state laws and regulations.
33. BFM does not warrant or guarantee the fitness for purpose, merchantability, functionality or suitability of any prize.
©2017 CVW Bespoke Pty Ltd (ABN 73 603 232 560).